|TRƯỜNG THCS THỊ TRẤN BẦN
|ĐỀ KIỂM TRA HỌC KỲ II
MÔN TIẾNG ANH LỚP 9
Thời gian làm bài: 45 phút
I. Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest. (1pt)
1. A. control B. respond C. novel D. deposit
2. A. cement B. crazy C. climate D. costly
3. A. hug B. pollute C. funnel D. dump
4. A. regularly B. minority C. style D. scenery
II. Choose the correct answer by circling A, B, C or D. (2pts)
1. If disasters _________in an area, people from the other area will offer their help.
A. happen B. will happen C. happening D. would happen
2. Viet Nam is a country _________exports a lot of rice.
A. who B. where C. when D. which
3. Last night, I was watching T.V _________my mother was cooking in the kitchen.
A. then B. and C. when D. while
4. Run_________ or you'll not catch the ball.
A. firstly B. fast C. slow D. slowly
III. Fill in the blank with one suitable preposition. (1pt)
1. I'm looking forward _________hearing from you.
2. We were excited _________ the program on T.V last night.
3. She prefers walking _________swimming.
4. I look _________my lost key everywhere but I can't find it.
IV. Read and answer the questions. (3pts)
Sports and games make our body strong, prevent us from getting too fat and keep us healthy. There are not their only uses. They give us valuable practice in making eyes, brain and muscles work together. Sports and games are also useful for character training. Boys and girls may learn about such virtues as courage, discipline and love their country.
1. What are the uses of sports and games to our bodies?
2. Do sports and games make eyes, brain and muscles work together ?
3. What are sports and games also useful for?
4. What virtues may boys and girls learn about?
5. Do you like playing games?
6. What sports do you like best?
V. Rewrite each sentence, beginning as shown, so that the meaning stays the same. (3pts)
1. Everyday thousands of trees are cut down in the world.
Everyday people _______________________________
2. "Have you done your homework?" asked the teacher.
The teacher asked ___________________________
3. The exercise was so easy that all students could do it.
It was such ____________________________________
4. I love to play tennis.
I enjoy _______________________________________
5. We spent five hours learning English.
It took __________________________________________
6. They built the church in 18th century .
The church ___________________________________________
Download tài liệu để xem thêm chi tiết